News, Deals & Cases
- The firm is handling the sale of a business with substantial assets in Hawaii.
- Attorneys at the firm are working on the merger of two well established trade organizations with a long and visible presence in the Twin Cities community.
- Firm attorneys recently obtained court approval for a forced sale of a minority interest in a limited liability company to satisfy a sizable creditor judgment.
- The firm is representing two families in separate transactions in which family farms have been sold for residential development.
- A case was recently concluded in which the firm represented a bank seeking reformation and enforcement of a mortgage.
- The firm has been acting as local counsel for a company seeking to stay the exercise of jurisdiction by Minnesota courts in a dispute that is pending in Texas state court.
- Firm attorneys are currently representing a group of mechanic’s lien holders in connection with the post-judgment enforcement of their liens.
Deals and Cases from the Archive
- Attorneys at the firm handled litigation from the trial court level through a decision in the Minnesota Supreme Court that clarified the viability of a long standing principle of real estate law.
- The firm represented a local entrepreneur in a rollup and partial cash-out transaction involving an infusion of private equity capital and the merger of several companies into a single national enterprise.
- Firm attorneys represented a local land owner in litigation that followed the financial collapse of a co-developer. Following successful resolution of the litigation, which allowed the land owner to gain control of adjoining land, the firm continued to represent the land owner in the negotiation and sale of his land to a well-known local developer/builder.
- The firm has assisted in the formation of hundreds of local businesses, most of which the firm continues to represent as they grow and prosper.
- Mike Brutlag represented a lumber company that obtained a favorable trial court decision in a mechanic’s lien dispute and then continued to represent the company as the decision was upheld by the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
- The firm successfully represented a widow seeking to recover the fair value of her husband’s interest in a business enterprise over the resistance of his unscrupulous former business partner.